I heard back from the Peace Corps today and was told that I would be going to Central or South America. Also, I will not be speaking Spanish. This took me by surprise because I was told during my interview that I would most likely be going to Africa in the French speaking region. I was really excited to be returning to Africa, but the thought of actually being able to speak fluent Spanish thrilled me too. Well, I am not sure what to think now. Wait, yes I do. I am still really excited but also a little nervous too. I was not expecting this curve ball. To see potential countries of my residence, click here for Central America and here for South America.
1. Seeing segways parked on campus
2. Having white clothes actually be and stay white
3. Telling embarrassing stories to friends
4. Eating one of my all-time favorite foods (grilled cheese sandwich) with family
5. Seeing old Young Women's leaders and realizing that neither of you will ever actually grow up
6. Being greeted by invasive dogs and sneaky little bunnies (not at the same time of course)
7. Seeing and smelling tulips EVERYWHERE
8. Attempting to develop Beyonce dance moves
This semester is already proving to be quite difficult, but there is something so satisfying about completing an insanely hard homework assignment or test. Bring on the school work!