Sunday, October 24, 2010

Much crying

Here is why:

1. Remembering good times at Lauren's expense. As you all know, laughing makes me tear up.
2. It was time for the dreads to go. These were silent weeps.
3. Brushing out my hair was the most pain I have experienced in a long time. As it turns out, my hair was on the verge of forming into dread locks on its own. So much for the whole yarn idea.





Before the process began.

Sophie and Lauren were kind enough to spend 2 1/2 hours taking out the yarn in my hair and unbraiding it.

Pile of yarn. No wonder my hair was so heavy.
I can finally scratch my head again.

After nearly 4 hours of brushing my hair, I finally got all the little tangles and mini dreads out. I lost nearly half of my hair. I filled several garbage cans throughout the house with my stray hairs. My hair is considerably thinner than it used to be. Now, I actually have to do my hair. Currently, it is in my face and causing trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! It's so long!

    Also... way to be cruel. Laughing at my pain. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies & Gentlemen: Bob Marley has left the building...

    ReplyDelete