Thursday, March 5, 2009

Final game

Tonight, I played in the last intramural game of... league I guess because there's still apparently a tournament. I'm excited for the tournament but also making sure not to get my hopes up too high because we're terrible and won't last very long. Also, when I get my hopes up and they are dashed I get very upset and can't really control myself; it's definitely a weakness of mine. Tonight, we tied with the other team and I guess intramurals haven't heard of OTs so that really sucked. We were definitely the better team and were up by 3 at the very end but the other team came down the court and chucked the ball in the air and made a 3 pointer. I couldn't believe it! We only had 15 secs left so I booked it down the court and I was WIDE open under the hoop, but of course my team threw the ball away. Grrrr What Do I Have To DO?! But I slapped the floor and ran back down the court pushed a few girls out of the way grabbed the rebound out of a girls hands and outletted the ball but the time was up. Well, at least I prevented them from winning. Overall, I am pleased with my performance; I played well tonight. Our scoring was more evenly distributed and yes I take credit for that. I left the low post to play wing or high post. By doing this, I was able to get my hands on the ball more. I had more assists tonight than I have in any other game of my career. A girl from the other team also complimented me she said, "WOW you're really good. Have you played before." This compliment came after I cut down from the point to help Elise who was in distress on the block. I called out to her and she bounce passed the ball to me around 3 girls. I then got the ball and about the free throw line and took two steps without dribbling and did a underhand lay in. I thought nothing of it but then again I have to remember who I'm playing with. But like I said I am happy with my performance and really that's all that I can control so I am pleased for only the second time (the first being after the first game where I also played awesome) after a game. To celebrate I'm deciding which homework to not do and listening to Cher and Billy Idol. I also got great news from my mother and I'm waiting for my brother to turn me down so I extend this great news to other dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment