Saturday, March 21, 2009

Finally the semester is winding down

This was actually quite an eventful weekend. It was Lana's birthday!!! (Also Kincheloe is already making plans of things to do with you Lana)
On Friday, I got a lot done.
1. I went to school
2. Let shrinks experiment on me but it was ok because I made $5
3. Take a test and I did awesome!!!
4. Go to a recital for class
5. Go to a dance party for Becky's birthday which is forever away
6. Went back to Lauren and Sophie's to watch speed racer.

Speed racer was a really good movie, well at least as far as I can tell. I fell asleep during the movie and woke up in the morning to see Sophie walking through the door. This really freaked me out because I was really confused why she was at my house, but I kind of came around and realized that I never made it home.

On saturday, we ate delicious cinnamon rolls in the morning then procedded on to our house hunt. AND we even found a prospective place. In the evening, my ward went to soldiers hollow to go tubing. This was a super fun experience. I even kept the injuries to a minimum. Although, tomorrow morning we'll really be able to assess the damage. I didn't realize that there was such a thing as ice burns! My face is a little sore and puffy in a couple of spots and I have a few scratches from people's fists, feet, and nails, but other than that I'm doin good. One time we went down as a huge group but kind of broke up part way through. I caught up to the group in front because they were stopped and my group was cruisin down the hill we all collided and somehow I got flung over the group and I skipped/slid down the hill the rest of the way on my stomach. By the time I got to the bottom, my pants were hanging extremely low and my shirt was up far too high. Needless to say, this is when I got my ice burns. Another time we had a huge chain and I was in the back pushing to start off. The chain got moving pretty quickly and I had to grab my tube quick sprint down the hill and lunge through the air and catch the chain. In the process, I knocked the wind got totally knocked out of me. I barely made it and I grabbed the guy's shoe in front of me and I pulled myself in. It was awesome because we were smokin down the hill. Throughtout the night, we tried just about any formation possible. My favorite was the flying "v." I had so much fun at this event and I would definitely go back. We also had a great testimony builder. A guy lost his single key somewhere. There was a group of about 10 of us searching for the key. We prayed for help and then proceeded to comb the hill. Surprisingly enough we found the key! Honestly, the odds were against us, but the Lord definitely helped us.
Tomorrow, Kincheloe is giving a talk in sacrament so we'll see how that goes. I told her not to quote movies again, so we'll see if she heeds the counsel of her wise and superior roommate
(me).

No comments:

Post a Comment