Saturday, March 20, 2010

Broom hockey=new favorite hobby

After a late night of mingling and sipping cocktails, I needed my sleep this morning to prepare for the day ahead. I woke up to the smell of waffles. Wonderful. Roommates Sophie and Lulu had made breakfast. After breakfast, Lauren, Sophie, Lulu, and I went to the ward activity. I had never played broom ball before. It was so amazing. Granted, I spent more time on my bottom on the ice than actually running for the ball, nonetheless, I had so much fun. My elbows and hips are super tender and I can already feel bruises and bumps coming in, but it was totally worth it. At first I was on a great team with Sophie and Lulu. We were winning about half of our games, but then I got transferred to another team that wasn't very good. They were playing the reigning champion team and we actually won! My team gave me the credit for their success. I decided that I will take that credit. The best part is when I run into guys from our ward throughout the day and they compliment me on my playing. I can't help but smile. After the ward activity, some guys from the ward came over and checked out our cocktail stock. We sat around and chatted while sipping cocktails once again.






This afternoon/early evening, Lauren and I went to the grocery store and then to a documentary showing entitled "I am Chris Purdie" at Velour.







Tonight, I think that I am supposed to watch anime movies with Lana and begin the celebration of her birthday that is tomorrow. What happened to today? This was supposed to be my homework day, but what a wonderful day it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment